Monday, April 5, 2021

Galina, IL CWRT to Hopefully Support Lee County Memorial to Robert E. Lee!


Re: April Meeting    
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 1:11 pm
Skip/Carol Schwerdtfeger (sailccs@gmail.com)

To:you + 43 more Details

I think it is highly appropriate for the Civil War Roundtable to take an official position on the subject of the Lee Statue.  Please record my vote for preserving the statue in an agreed upon county owned park or location.  Lee went out of his way on numerous occasions to tell his personal supporters after the war that the war is over, God has decided, we are all Americans.  If Grant were here to opine on the subject, I am sure he would agree with me.

I am home now and will convey your greetings to the CWRT in Galena, Il at our next meeting.  I will look forward to joining you next fall.  We have our shots now.

Warmest regards,

 Skip Schwerdtfeger 

No comments:

Post a Comment